Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the 2018 CBR250RR? It’s a 39 BHP 2 cylinder 4 stroke... it looks gorgeous, ands it’s only available in Asia. I want one!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motorcycle fairing

Reactions: Alan F.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I really like the idea of a new, small bore, fuel injected and reliable bike. But I'm not in love with the idea of a sportbike especially a thumper.
I'm sure I can customize the ergos in many different ways, pegs-seats-handlebars, and I can change sprocket ratios to adjust the way power is delivered. But it'll still ride and shift like a sportbike and that's just not for everyone. With the CB500F and the new 400/twin kawasaki there are plenty of test rides ahead.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
While I like the way it looks sitting still, I learned long ago when I bought my VF700F Interceptor in '84 that the riding position just isn't for me. It's fun to rat race around but as a daily rider... not so much. I wish they'd go back to "naked" bikes in a way that more resembled the older ones but with the modern engines and fuel systems... kinda like the CB1100 a while back. Just because it's liquid cooled doesn't mean it has to have that style and bodywork, look at the early Gold Wings

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t think it’s meant as a day to day transport; it’s only a 250; I’d want to ride it like a hooligan; and not for a long distance either; more along the lines of a track day bike but running flat out round Brands Hatch Indy circuit racing against 600cc bikes which can’t use all the power they have on the twisty track.... if you catch my drift!
If I wanted to go touring I’d go for a Goldwing too!
Regards
Nigel

Reactions: ancientdad
1 - 4 of 4 Posts