Honda Twins banner

2-Strokes Rule !!!

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  malcolmgb 
#1 ·
Okay....I'm new here, trying to get help restoring my Black Bomber. You guys seem like a good bunch of wrenchers so I thought I better reveal my true dark side. Someone here may know about http://www.KawasakiTriplesWorldwide.com

If not, come take a look. We meet each May at the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort.
We've had as many as 80+ plus guys hauling along more than 100 2-stroke road machines. A real hoot lighting up that many 2-strokes !

Anyway, here's some pix of my bikes.....

My 74 H2

My highly modified RD400....I've since removed the creepy fairing.

My 71 H1....sadly, I sold her.

My Bush Wackers and C2 120

My CBX......sold her too..

My Black Bomber...which is giving me ignition charging fits right now (someone please help !)

One of our 2-stroke meets....lots of sweet 2-stroke smoke !

You may have seen me on magazine covers...

One of the reasons we love 2-strokes...

See less See more
#8 ·
I have had plenty of 2 stroke off road bikes but never a road bike. I have always kind of wanted an RD400 Kenny Roberts Special.
Really nice bikes. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
Don

#10 ·
Hey Ric, Good to see you! Bill (bill440cars here) Been wondering what you've been up to. When I saw your name, I thought it was you and when I saw the bikes, I KNEW it was! As usual, YOU'VE got quite a collection of Great Looking bike there.
Been quite awhile. Good to have you here. ;) Picked up a few since the last I saw of you, myself.

Take care, Bill

#12 ·
sakibomb said:
Hey ric, i've been meaning to say something lol.

I thought you hated 4 strokes.... maybe that was RB.... i forget.

Either way they are a very lively bunch here. Nice people :)

Now there's two triples on the site at least
HA ! sakibomb !!!
What kind of 4-stroke do you have that brings you here ?

#13 ·
I had one of those bastard CB360's. But i sold it and only lossed a little.

well, actually thats a lie. But i sold it for enough to buy my friends MX6-GT so really i'm ok with that.

I am working on aquiring a CX500.

This winter i'm going to do my best to hunt down a 350 kit for the s1. Its fun but its beginning to really show me how slow it is. So i figure a 350 kit with some 400 carbs should do the trick.

The bomb is in storage right now. Next year i'm going to work on repainting the old girl as well. I imagine i'll probably be getting a hold of RB for some decals for it.

There's the last pic before i stored it last weekend. Again, thanks to all the triple members on the forum that helped me find the random missing stuff. I still haven't laid it down and i've still enjoyed every moment on that rocket.

edit: LOL, i just noticed thats the day i lost my plate on the road somewhere :) You best believe i got some nylon locking nuts for the plate :D

#16 ·
Now, I've got one of these 73' RD350's but it needs crankshaft seals and some carb work to make it a decent daily rider. Be a good reto project, but the exhaust would have to be rechromed. It's on the list to be evacuated. Just don't have the room or time. :roll:

#21 ·
Yeah, I know what you mean about hanging on. In the pics the seat is just resting on the frame. I'll post some pics when I finish but the seat is going to sit on the frame rails which will give it a slightly lower and more solid look and feel. Also the bike is very light. fully assembled (no tank or fluids) I can lift it off the ground by myself. Its going to be hard to keep the front tire on the road! I had an RD400 years ago that was race modified and I could pop the front wheel in 3 gears. These bikes were known as giant killers in their day able to out pace bikes twice their size.

All that said, I have a couple more things to do before I can fire her up.

An aside, I've been over on the Dotheton forum for a while now and they are a great supportive crew, but it seems like a great group here as well. I have a CB200 build coming up. I'll be sure to post that build here!

Thanks!

#22 ·
How about this, a 2 stroke and a Harley(in name only though), Aermacchi technology. Been sorting through some pictures I've taken at various bike events over last couple of years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.