Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay....I'm new here, trying to get help restoring my Black Bomber. You guys seem like a good bunch of wrenchers so I thought I better reveal my true dark side. Someone here may know about http://www.KawasakiTriplesWorldwide.com

If not, come take a look. We meet each May at the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort.
We've had as many as 80+ plus guys hauling along more than 100 2-stroke road machines. A real hoot lighting up that many 2-strokes !

Anyway, here's some pix of my bikes.....

My 74 H2

My highly modified RD400....I've since removed the creepy fairing.

My 71 H1....sadly, I sold her.

My Bush Wackers and C2 120

My CBX......sold her too..

My Black Bomber...which is giving me ignition charging fits right now (someone please help !)

One of our 2-stroke meets....lots of sweet 2-stroke smoke !

You may have seen me on magazine covers...

One of the reasons we love 2-strokes...

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Nice collection! :D

Never had much interest in 2 strokes myself but that many in one spot should preclude any need to spray for mosquitos. :lol:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Note the guy on the Harley dressed in the opposite of ATGATT.....

Whattaya know about a Kawasaki G3 - 90? One for sale locally for next to nothing.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Tell that Hawg rider to shave his back if he's gonna ride around like that.........no wonder he has to ride alone, it's like velcro, a girl would get stuck to his back.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
tbpmusic said:
Tell that Hawg rider to shave his back if he's gonna ride around like that.........no wonder he has to ride alone, it's like velcro, a girl would get stuck to his back.
Well, how do you suppose those hawg riders get their old ladies to "stick" with them?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I have had plenty of 2 stroke off road bikes but never a road bike. I have always kind of wanted an RD400 Kenny Roberts Special.
Really nice bikes. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
Don

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
RD400's rule!! If it aint smokin...its broken :cool:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hey Ric, Good to see you! Bill (bill440cars here) Been wondering what you've been up to. When I saw your name, I thought it was you and when I saw the bikes, I KNEW it was! As usual, YOU'VE got quite a collection of Great Looking bike there.
Been quite awhile. Good to have you here. ;) Picked up a few since the last I saw of you, myself.

Take care, Bill

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey ric, i've been meaning to say something lol.

I thought you hated 4 strokes.... maybe that was RB.... i forget.

Either way they are a very lively bunch here. Nice people :)

Now there's two triples on the site at least

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sakibomb said:
Hey ric, i've been meaning to say something lol.

I thought you hated 4 strokes.... maybe that was RB.... i forget.

Either way they are a very lively bunch here. Nice people :)

Now there's two triples on the site at least
HA ! sakibomb !!!
What kind of 4-stroke do you have that brings you here ?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I had one of those bastard CB360's. But i sold it and only lossed a little.

well, actually thats a lie. But i sold it for enough to buy my friends MX6-GT so really i'm ok with that.

I am working on aquiring a CX500.

This winter i'm going to do my best to hunt down a 350 kit for the s1. Its fun but its beginning to really show me how slow it is. So i figure a 350 kit with some 400 carbs should do the trick.

The bomb is in storage right now. Next year i'm going to work on repainting the old girl as well. I imagine i'll probably be getting a hold of RB for some decals for it.

There's the last pic before i stored it last weekend. Again, thanks to all the triple members on the forum that helped me find the random missing stuff. I still haven't laid it down and i've still enjoyed every moment on that rocket.

edit: LOL, i just noticed thats the day i lost my plate on the road somewhere :) You best believe i got some nylon locking nuts for the plate :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
My buddy has a rd 400 I hate ridding behind him but he will beat the **** out of my cb450 "after 30 feet"!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here's my almost finished "Brat tracker" 1972 R5C (predecessor to the RD series) Want to talk about a sleeper! I should be able to surprise a few sport bikers on this nimble little 2 smoker!!

Here's what I started with back in June.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Now, I've got one of these 73' RD350's but it needs crankshaft seals and some carb work to make it a decent daily rider. Be a good reto project, but the exhaust would have to be rechromed. It's on the list to be evacuated. Just don't have the room or time. :roll:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Bill440,

I'd def be interested in your rd. We're worlds apart though. Any ideas? I may have a road trip to florida going this winter. could make a detour... :)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I've been trying to get him to shoot me a price for a long time.. He really wants to get her going (im in your head Billy :lol: ), but as of lately his eyes are bigger than his appetite.. :D

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts