Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the site and working on motorcycles.

I've recently resurrected a 72 CB350 that had been sitting in a garage for 10 years or so. It starts on one kick every time now, which I think is pretty sweet but there are a couple of things I can't figure out.

First, I just replaced the fork seals and when I did that I realized someone had switched them with 68-71 CL350 forks at some point, so my seals didn't fit. Anyway, I got the right seals and they fit great but I don't know how much oil to put in and I don't want to spend money on a shop manual for a bike I don't own. If anyone knows how much oil to put in 68-71 CL350 forks I would really appreciate if you'd tell me.

2nd, the bike runs really smooth now but after it gets hot the engine bogs down and kills when I downshift unless I keep the RPM's up pretty high. This happens no matter where I set the idle. I think it might just be part of the bike coming back to life after being mothballed for so long but let me know if you have an idea of what it may be.

Thanks!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Take the carbs off and give them a good cleanin. You may have a float valve problem.

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
They'll take 160cc if you've completely disassembled, 135 if you've just drained

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Also, did you set the mixture screws when hot or cold? If set cold, they'll be too rich at final operating temperature and can cause the bike to bog down at idle/low RPM and possibly stall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I definitely set them when it was cold. I'll get it hot and play with them. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts