Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, having issues with my hawk. Last week rode to work, at lunch time had to pop out tried to start it it just cranked then smoke came out from under seat. Once i got it home and took it apart found the CDI to have been the cause for the smoke, Bought a new CDI and fitted still won't start. No spark! stripped the wiring loom no signs of chaffing,earthing out or melting, checked the kill switch (cut one of the wires to permanantly open circuit it) side stand switch operation is good. had very weak spark from stator so replaced that, now sparking well. check for an A/C voltage from flywheel/crank sensor which is there. I also have fitted new coils too! still no spark from the coils, please help? Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard :)
We'd appreciate a post over in "Member Intro's" to let everyone know a bit about you and the bike. Pictures are always good to see :D Might even stick a pin in the Member Map and see where everyone is.
I don't know about this ignition system and I can't find an online manual for it. That's where you need to start is the manual, the Factory Service Manual is your best one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts