Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I picked up a CMX250C a couple of weeks back, it had been sitting in a garage for a good few years, since 2012 I believe.
I forgot to take photos before pulling it apart so only have this crappy pic from the advert:
rebel.JPG

I've only been riding around 3 years and I am not the most mechanically inclined but I am going ok so far. I am looking for the factory service manual if anyone has a copy? I'll then ticking off the 'basic checklist new you old bike' checklist.

The tank was rusty so I've been cleaning that up, the tank also had a liner that was breaking up so I've been trying to help it on it's way, unfortunately I didn't think that though fully and put petrol in after the last go around and discovered a few pin holes that have done some nice work on the paint job so that is going to have to be stripped and repainted :-|, not what I had planned but if that's the worst mistake I make then it's not going so bad considering my lack of experience and skills :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Good on 'ya ! Remember, it's the process, not the product. All the best ! I came to visit back in '86. Bought a mint BMW R65....forget the year....maybe a '82 ??? Tooled around for six months. Best time of my life for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks J-T, got what I needed :)
I'll start up a proper thread soon with my progress, somewhere to ask all my questions as I go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts