Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I have my dad's 1986 Honda CB450SC I am attempting to get going again for him.
Replaced the battery and now working on it not wanting to start. I think I found some answers already searching around. I am going to try disassembling the push start housing and cleaning the contacts and components.
Currently turning the key lights up the panel, headlight and allows me to use the directional signals. Once I place it in Neutral, turn the dial to run, depress the clutch and press start the headlight dims but that's it. Any suggestions are always appreciated!

Thank you in advance and I hope I can make some decent contributions (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all!
I have my dad's 1986 Honda CB450SC I am attempting to get going again for him.
Replaced the battery and now working on it not wanting to start. I think I found some answers already searching around. I am going to try disassembling the push start housing and cleaning the contacts and components.
Currently turning the key lights up the panel, headlight and allows me to use the directional signals. Once I place it in Neutral, turn the dial to run, depress the clutch and press start the headlight dims but that's it. Any suggestions are always appreciated!

Thank you in advance and I hope I can make some decent contributions (y)

View attachment 312287
Have you tried to replace the starter relay?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Is the starter relay even clicking when you press the start button?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar issue, the relay would click at times so, i just bought a new one. Now, it turns over but still doesn't start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts