Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lights on my 450 will not go off with the key. I bought this bike 6 months ago and have sorted everything else on it out. I have had a guy that supposedly knows his stuff look at it left for 2 days at his shop.He could not find it he suggested getting another wiring harness. So that's what I have done. I bought another main wiring harness and have installed it and its doing the exact same thing. When I got this bike it didn't have a ignition and the guy was taking the battery cable off to kill power I have put a oem honda ignition switch on it everything else works but I have to take the battery cable off to kill the lights headlight taillight dash and running lights stay on with the key in the off position I have to take battery cable off to make the lights go off I need some help with this please tell me how to fix this. I need to be able to turn lights off with the key. everyone has told me (you got something tied in) but I replaced the wiring harness I have no idea where to go from here.

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
Phone me ..... 540-525-5199....
Please have a multimeter, or at least a means of verifying voltage at a connection ("icepick" test probe) available...

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
At the moment, simply removing the taillight fuse seems to have solved the "back-feed" problem...So my assumption seems to have been correct...
System now seems to operate normally with the ignition switch plugged back in, and it now re-controls power to the Black wires ....
But during our phone call, I neglected to have him verify the taillight and dash lights still worked...Oops!....:oops:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts