Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CM450E that I have had since new.I am a Disabled Veteran, the bike has sat for 19 years! I have decided to get it running and sell it.(I have no use for it) 4000 original miles.. I cleaned the fuel tank, replaced the battery changed the oil. And it started right up! Then began to smoke and run rough. Pulled the carbs bowels and they were nasty! I have soaked them in pinesol. Removing the jets, the right carb was very difficult! And I the tip of the slow speed jet (tube) broke! Keihin carb # VB 220AUE The third digit could be a Q not sure? It has 120 mains and 38 slow speed jets.I found a carb body on ebay that is stripped here is the link www.ebay.com/itm/112211948566. Could you please advise me if this carb could be used to replace the right side carburetor? And if there is a total rebuild kit available? Please supply the carb kit number. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Kevin

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Moved to SOHC Fuel section
As J-T says the VB22 carbs are all pretty much the same so that one you linked is fine. For carb kits I suggest the OEM Honda kits which are all the normal replacement rubber/plastic pieces. Rarely do the jets need replacement since they either pass fuel or air which has no wear effect. Things not included in the kits are float needles, specific to the VB22's, air cut valves and accel pump. Those may or may not be needed are cleaning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info you guys!!! Could someone please supply a part number for a rebuild kit? The jets on the right carb must be replaced Thanks!! Kevin from Maine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts