Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I joined the forum in Spring 2015 after acquiring a new-to-me 1983 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk. It's in reasonable shape and the PO painted it a really nice dark green (incl the original chrome front fender). I've posted in a few other topics and still have a few things to work out but wanted to get my 'member intro' done before asking for / offering any more advice.
I just had new tires put on the bike and I love them - Kenda Cruisers. The shop also replaced one of the rear bearings and it really seemed to firm things up a lot. I can corner with a LOT more confidence now than I could before.
I'm sure you'll be seeing more of me in the forums. SO THANKFUL for this amazing resource. BTW I downloaded and printed the Honda FSM posted by another user (also very thankful for that). Some of the images are not the best quality so I'm having a hard time identifying some of the parts or what the pic is supposed to be demonstrating. Does anyone know of a source for an original FSM? Not urgent - just thought I'd ask.
View attachment 78590 IMG_3508.JPG IMG_3509.JPG View attachment 78593 IMG_5981.JPG View attachment 78595
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
I find these parts diagrams handy for understanding how things are assembled, great in conjunction with FSM. houseofhondaparts.com/fiche_select2.asp?category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=1983&fveh=132328

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Nice looking bike you have there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome, nice looking motorcycle there...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I like the bike a lot and feel like I lucked out in my search for just the 'right' bike for me. I'm still nervous to dive in too deep since it currently runs but I'm sure my confidence will build bit by bit. Especially with the his super crew at Honda Twins.
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Start out by just changing all the fluids out... Oil n filter each season, brake fluid 2-3 years (should be clear)... Verify brakes are all good n adjusted... Chain too to lube n adjust... All lights, the safety stuff... Includes tires, inflation, condition (new, I know) but you can pick up rocks, nails, etc... You will begin to learn her...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts