Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a CM450. The only thing wrong with it that can't be fixed by tuning and new tires seems to be the shocks in the forks. The guy I bought it from suggested that the seals in the air chamber were leaking. It definitely seems like the air in the shocks leak out.

How difficult is it going to be to replace the seals? If these seals are going, should I go ahead and replace all the seals in forks?

This is my first bike, so I'm not very familiar with the mechanics of the machine. I'm looking forward to digging into this, as I've always wanted to have more experience with bikes, as I've mostly worked only with bicycles.

Josh

·
Registered
13 Posts
josh- i just downloaded the shop manual for this same bike. its in the manuals/technical forum and is free free free. the only help i can offer is that i have a 82 cm 450 as well and the oil seals on the forks are an easy fix..they are an easy fix on any bike really. as long as the air is right, the tubes arent bent and they are oiled right you should be fine. have someone help you thats done them before would be my only suggestion.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
The "seals" for the air chamber (area above the oil) are simply O-rings..... More likely is a bad crossover hose if your bike is so equipped....However, some air can leak out through the oil seals during use, so replace ALL the old rubber in the forks....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts