Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been awhile since I have posted. I have hemmed and hawed over whether or not to sell this bike as it has sat in non-running condition in my garage for over two years. I pulled it out of the garage the other day to put it up for sale.

But then I saw the potential again. Maybe it was the long awaited warm sun on my face after this seemingly never-ending midwest winter, but I got a feeling of motivation.

A battery, a valve adjustment, a carb sync and some air in the tires and I will be back on the road!

Well I am sure many of you have been at this juncture. Getting hands deep just to end up buried in additional maintenance and repairs.

I am not giving up this time. This is my log of progress.

Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeaterday I confirmed a few things. The starter functions but seems to have a little resistance. I pulled spark plugs and one appears to be oil fouled, the other carbon fouled-see photos. I wanted to check compression, but my tester didnt have the right size adapter. Also confirmed the engine turns and I wanted to adjust the valves, but of course my feeler gauge set did not have a small enough gauge.

I have the carb out and bench synced it as well as I could, but I believe I will have to replace the cables before I put it back on the bike.

One of the original issues was getting the bike started. I have a new starter solenoid on order, a new voltage RR is coming and Im confident that the carb was likely maladjusted.

Once I have things back together, Im hoping at the very least I can get it cranking and idling rough.

I am worried about the condition of piston rings.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey good luck with the restoration. I got one a couple months ago and it runs great. It was missing a speedometer and I've just installed it last weekend and finished up the wiring today. I'll take picks next week. I'm going to take it to the shop to get the brakes looked at just for insurance.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts