Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I recently got given a 1982 CB450SC nighthawk , imported to Northern Ireland in 1995, my son in law and I plan to fully restore the bike.
As parts for this bike are located in USA, and postage is astronomical to Ireland, I'm wondering if anyone can confirm a piece of information I was given that this bike is basically a CB 400 N super dream which has been bored out to 450 and customised for the American market and that some super dream parts should fit .
Or if anyone has used parts from other bikes I'd be interested to know about it.
Many thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard. I've moved this to the Member Intro's section
Yes and No, the Nighthawk is based off the CB400 Super Dream and it does share a number of parts. The 400 and 450 engines are very similar but again are different even though they share parts.
The Nighthawk was also delivered to Canada so that may present some savings in freight plus Canada got an extra year of this model the US didn't, 1984. You'll want to use www.cmsnl.com for parts fiches as well as the US dealers online fiche system like https://westernhonda.com/
You'll want the FSM for this bike also, PM sent

·
Registered
805 Posts
David silver spares UK might be a good option for parts, use the fiches above to search by part number since they sometimes don't have things perfectly listed by the model

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone found any online manuals to this bike? I just ordered the clymer m334 manual for it but i figure there could be some other info to be had on the world wide web anyhow.
I too just obtained an 82 CB450 Nighthawk. Thanks Mates!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Has anyone found any online manuals to this bike? I just ordered the clymer m334 manual for it but i figure there could be some other info to be had on the world wide web anyhow.
I too just obtained an 82 CB450 Nighthawk. Thanks Mates!
Save your money. The Clymer isn't worth it.

PM sent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts