Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching and searching for an ignition switch for this bike all over the United States and Canada, of course they don't make it anymore and there's not an aftermarket part. Although I was told that the ignition switch in the picture below will plug and play with my cb450 SC I'm waiting on one guy from this forum to let me know if he has an ignition switch for a bike he's parting out. If he doesn't have the ignition switch I have to do something. Someone tried to steal the bike when my buddy parked it last season and screwed the ignition switch up that was on it which is an aftermarket Emgo ignition switch that he modified to work I don't want to have to do this if I don't have to I would rather find the OEM part and keep it original plus I'm not very good with electrical and I don't want to burn my bike down) only thing wrong with that was you couldn't kill it by the key you had to use the emergency kill switch but other than that it worked great. Any suggestions on what I can do if the ignition switch in the picture below will not Plug and Play.

My other question the second picture will follow this one. If I bought an ignition switch with the handlebar lock feature that will match up with that piece could I make my own harness by following the 1982 cb450sc wiring diagram and make everything work correctly I cannot find an ignition switch that will match up with my bike with a 6 pin male connection from the pigtail. Any suggestions, or input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That ignition switch is not being made anymore it says unavailable next to the picture in your link. Also, there is no aftermarket ignition switch available for the 82, 83, or the 85, cb450sc because there wasn't enough money in it back then. If somebody could make one today they might make some money. I have scoured this Earth looking for this ignition and right after I posted this I got a call from a junkyard in Ontario saying that they have one on a scrap cb450sc for $20. I told them to put the bike away under lock and key I'll be calling them for parts LOL

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So because my locksmith hasn't found that key code yet and he's had it for 2 days should I take it somewhere else

Edit: granted I didn't see this until today

1 - 5 of 5 Posts