Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody point me in the right direction to chain and sprockets replacement for the 1982 Honda Nighthawk cb450sc

Also one of the moderators gave me away to find the factory service manuals but I don't see one for this model any help please?

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
PM sent for the library
Sprockets are 17/36 with a 106 link 530 chain
There's any number of stores to choose from, look for the best deal. eBay may not be your friend here since there's lots of cheap junk being sold. I prefer Sunstar or JT sprockets and an RK chain. A conventional non O-ring type chain is fine, I run the O-ring type due to the varying weather conditions I made be riding in like rain, dirt, etc. In any case the chain does need regular maintenance like lubrication every 300 miles or 2 tanks of fuel. I use the correct PJ1 chain lube for the specific chain, 2 types O-ring and Non O-ring.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Don't buy a cheap chain unless you only ride in sunny weather and rarely. Buy the expensive tires, brakes and chains/sprockets. It is well worth it. I also second JT sprockets, RK chains and PJ1 Blue (for o ring x ring whatever ring).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts