Honda Twins banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this non-running 1981 honda cm200t and i checked the compression (all good). However, im not sure what happened but some retard must have previously removed the cdi box and cut the entire harness off with it for some reason.. it has everything else ignition coil brand new battery and spark plugs. i bought this cdi box in ebay which im finding out it doesn't work because its missing the ground pin. Can somebody please tell me the orientation of the cables for both harnesses. i checked the user manual but it doesn't help at all the schematics don't show the orientation.
Also, does anyone know where i can buy the real cdi unit for this model? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

-Jose

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As noted in this thread Is this CDI compatible with 81/82 CM200Ts?
The IHA6008 and the IHA6007 DO NOT FIT the CM200T Twinstar!
See post 22 of this thread Convert CM200 from 6v to 12v
Here's the picture from the FSM, you do have that correct?
View attachment 306372
Thank you For your response, i am aware that the cdi i purchased and those cdis do not work. I may change the stator and cdi from the post you referred me to. However, My original question is help with the orientation for the wiring harness. I cant really connect even an original cdi without knowing that. i wouldn't want to fry my cdi. I checked the user manual and its no help the schematics do not show the orientation and i dont understand the cable codes in the cdi inspection page here are some pictures of the schematics and cdi inspection.

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Perhaps AFTER you introduce yourself to the group, you could contact new member Colacan and ask for a picture of his harness side cdi plugs showing the wire color to pin positions.......

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Thank you For your response, i am aware that the cdi i purchased and those cdis do not work. I may change the stator and cdi from the post you referred me to. However, My original question is help with the orientation for the wiring harness. I cant really connect even an original cdi without knowing that. i wouldn't want to fry my cdi. I checked the user manual and its no help the schematics do not show the orientation and i dont understand the cable codes in the cdi inspection page here are some pictures of the schematics and cdi inspection.
Please check your profile and Conversations to comply with forum guidelines - thanks

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The harness plugs should have the locks on them that match the lock tabs on the CDI. That's what orients the wires to the correct terminals.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perhaps AFTER you introduce yourself to the group, you could contact new member Colacan and ask for a picture of his harness side cdi plugs showing the wire color to pin positions.......
just intro'd myself bud. thanks for the tip ill hit him up rn.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
(colacan sent me the image attached) Honselty, i think it may be because mine is a 1981 and yours is 1980. the igniter is probably different on yours. i dont see it or its cables. i also noticed that when i look for a honda cm200t cdi they are sold as 1981-1982 rather than 1980-1981. Also.. i bought a 1980 frame because it came with a gas tank and it still had some cables and i noticed the wiring is also very different. thanks for your help colacan i really appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The connector in the picture is for the regulator, notice the Yellow wires? Yellow is only used for the charging system and Yellow w/Red for the starter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts