Honda Twins banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
i have just taken on this project, it has been stood for 25 years, now 2 owners from new, with history.
I have had her running, but going to strip down the bike and restore her.
Looking to respray the tank and side panels back to the original log book blue, as was changed to black many years ago, As it’s a Benly I am trying to locate a decent or new pair of chrome end pieces on the side panels, as mine are poor. Any advice appreciated, also who best to get spares from.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks, any ideas on suppliers of parts would be great, also on the log book it said blue, would that have been Candy Blue?
David Silver

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
David Silver
Thanks for that, just one one other question, the log book states blue, but the bike was changed to black many years ago and needs a respray, would it be candy blue, or could someone advise me, what the correct original colour would have been.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
What can you tell us about that frame mounted fairing? We didn't get those here in the states.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What can you tell us about that frame mounted fairing? We didn't get those here in the states.
Hi
i believe it was an extra at the time of original sale along with the rear rack, unfortunately the fairing was in a very rough state and could not be saved, seeing as they are selling on eBay uk for around £28.00 British pounds. personally I prefer the bike without it.Still have the original rear rack, which I will look at cleaning up or re chrome it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi
i believe it was an extra at the time of original sale along with the rear rack, unfortunately the fairing was in a very rough state and could not be saved, seeing as they are selling on eBay uk for around £28.00 British pounds. personally I prefer the bike without it.Still have the original rear rack, which I will look at cleaning up or re chrome it.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Thank you. I can't seem to find any like that though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This may help for the correct colour...

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I didn't realize it was a Rickman, thank you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts