Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow,I can't find the original part number boots(ends 750) for a friends bike.I get so much conflicting info on fitment I am about to lose my mind.I need definite confirmation on whether or not a different part no. will fit.Ebay only confuses the issue even more.Help!Where can I get the correct boots before I take this apart?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Do you have a dealer shop close by? That's where I would go and find out exactly.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Do a search for the SOHC 450 82-86 boots. Work just fine. Sometimes the 400 listing shows unavailable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all.We lost our local dealer of 50ish years last spring.Seems the part no. is NLA from Honda but a different one can be substituted?Hope so!
cheers,Ed

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is wrong,I called, 16211-413-750,they don't have this part.They also have no substitute for this part.So ,I am back to square one where I have to believe an Ebay listing that says 16211-413-000 is same part.Man this is crazy...

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The correct part number is still in NLA status and has been for several years now. That's why I suggested using the earlier or later version. They will work fine. I have the later version on the road bike and it's had zero issues for well over 30,000 miles. The only difference I have been able to find is a slight length change, 1mm or less. Other than that it's a direct bolt on fit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK,thanks,I have ordered from SIC in Canada .They say it will fit.Ordered screw kit and rebuild kit while at it.
I'll be posting some other ???s on this great forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts