Honda Twins banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am disassembling a cm400 engine for the first time and while cracking the crank case a couple pins fell out. I have no clue where they go. Does anyone happen to know?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you are correct with them being rollers from a bearing. I have everything taken apart and I can’t seem to find any bearing with missing rollers so I’m stumped. I guess I’ll continue with the rebuild and maybe I’ll figure it out.

·
Registered
1980 Honda CM400t
3 Posts
Hello all,
I am disassembling a cm400 engine for the first time and while cracking the crank case a couple pins fell out. I have no clue where they go. Does anyone happen to know?
Or they could simply be the positioning pins used to align the crankcase when you put it back on. My '80 CM400t had 2 like that. Check the upper right corner and upper left corner of the case and see if there are holes (not screw holes).
("Occam's Razor")

·
Registered
956 Posts
If you zoom into the picture of those relatively short and small diameter pins ( lighter for comparison, maybe sizes should be given ), they seem to have wear marks suggesting they may be rollers ?

They could be from the gear selector drum cam plate, the detent pins that the detent spring loaded roller and arm, the roller sitting between the pins ?

Any of those missing ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts