Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got the bike I noticed the Left side cover flopping around a little bit. Pulled it off and noticed the front tab was broken and "repaired" with Silicone Bathroom Caulk. Luckily it was a clean brake. Silicone came off easily.

103_6550.jpg

103_6551.jpg

Was at Ace Hardware and found a small piece of conduit cover for inside a house.

Trimmed it to fit and scuffed every thing with 60 grit then cleaned with Wax and Grease Remover.

Epoxied the bottom 1/2. Let it dry for a few days. Then did the top. Got lucky. Both halves fit together perfectly. 2 tiny screws....one in bottom 1/2, one in the top. Stuff is as hard as a rock. Thanks to longdistancerider for pointing me too JB Weld......for Steel, not plastic.

103_6560.jpg
103_6564.jpg
103_6565.jpg

Not the prettiest but a fast coat of Primer works !

·
Registered
125 Posts
My Nighthawk has its right side cover still, but all the tabs broke off so the PO drilled a hole through it to run a bolt through. I think I might try repairing it this winter, I could 3D print new tabs and epoxy them on, and then fill the hole and re-paint it.

·
Super Moderator
24,196 Posts
Right covers are rare because that cover gets pulled more often to charge/replace/service the battery. The real problem with the tabs is that no one ever cleans and lube the rubbers, so they get cruddy and the tabs bind/stick/glue to them. Then when the owners finds it's stuck uses the "bigger hammer" theory and brute force to remove instead of lighter pressure prying to remove. The CB450SC right cover is getting to unicorn status.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts