Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im trying to get my 1980 twinstar up and running again but have hit a road block. I recently replaced the old cylinder head (which had a stripped spark plug port) with another used but unstripped cylinder head. Being the scrub that I am, at the last timing step I dropped a bolt down the cam chain port and in to the body of the engine. After removing the engine, the cylinder head, and the cylinder body I was able to shake the bolt out then put it all back together (with new gaskets). Now when I try to kickstart the bike, the engine makes a very weird bubbling sound out of the left engine cylinder. I tried using the electric starter at no avail. The engine isn't close to turning over. Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it? I am pretty fresh to motorcycle mechanics and still have a lot to learn. I also rebuilt the carb due to a small gas leak in the main injector and it is no way tuned correctly. I have attached a clip of the sound that the engine makes. Thanks for the time

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Do you have the tools to do a compression or leakdown test?

BTW welcome to the group. You might add a post in the member introductions section to let us know a bit about yourself and your bike, complete with pictures of course.:p

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Spray soapy water mix around the head gasket seam between the head and cylinder and kick it over a few times. If the compression is leaking and making the sound you'll see bubbles.
The replacements head, did you check that the valves sealed before installing it?
Do you have the FSM?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts