Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new, and ancient, 1980 Twinstar is in remarkably good condition, but I read in another thread here that the rear suspension swing arm should be greased, and to do that one removes the zerk fitting (the sort that fits a grease gun), cleans out any hardened grease, replace fitting and apply the grease gun.

I'd be delighted to do this if I could find such a grease fitting, but there doesn't seem to be one on this bike. Is there an alternative lubrication procedure, or have I missed something?

Mark Kinsler
Lancaster, Ohio USA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your bike doesn't have one of those.......
Thanks. I was wondering about that. Is it worth taking the thing apart to lubricate it if there's no obvious side-play in the swing arm, or should I leave it alone if the bike rides well, which it does.

Mark Kinsler

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
While it's true there is no grease fitting I would be inclined to take it apart, clean, inspect and use fresh grease. That way you will know the condition of the bolt and bushings and not rely on 36 years old grease that may have deteriorated due to water intrusion. But then again I'm a bit anal retentive :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts