Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer it was a rebuild on the carbs. I’m still having leaking issues somewhere there but for now am happy the machine is running well....which leads to this summer’s task: the front brake master cylinder is completely seized up, the lever is stuck, and the whole thing needs to be replaced. The problem: finding a suitable replacement. I found a few aftermarket products which look to be very similar to the original parts but don’t want to mess this up.

Anyone replaced this hardware and know where to go for parts?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, sorry to sneak in to this post but my question is along the same lines. I am rebuilding my CM400T but want to have flatter handlebars resulting in the original brake fluid reservoir being in a wrong angle. Any suggestions to which Honda model and year can swap directly from?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
That's difficult to answer because there's no information about the bar angle to cylinder to work with from any manufacturer. Best I can say is look at various bikes that have roughly the same bar angle you have and then search for a model match cylinder of the right sizing.
7/8" bars
5/8" bore
10mm banjo fitting
brake switch included

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks! The handlebars I am considering are the tracker/scrambler type. I have seen both CB400N and CBR600 mentioned as direct swaps in forums, is this correct?

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Any 7/8" bar is pretty much a direct swap over. I'm using Renthal streetfighter bars with a (IIRC) VFR750 master, I've also used a XR650L master. Neither one is/was perfectly level but close enough. Most bars are relatively flat/horizontal in the grip area where the master clamps on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes I know, my question was related to the swap of the brake main cylinder from those models.
Sorry for my badly formulated question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts