Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I seem to be having the same problem every bike mechanic in the world has. I can't get my '79 CM185t to spark whatsoever. I've ran several tests with multimeter in hand, in addition to trying to bypass the ignition coil. Bypassing does not work, though the ignition coil is receiving proper voltage. I'm wondering if I'm looking at a stator replacement. I should mention that there are other electrical failures within the bike, such as certain electronics working only when the key is in second position. Should I be looking to replace a specific part or tearing down the harness?

Thank You , Steven

·
Registered
18 Posts
You say you have a 12v supply to the coil, check the other side of the coil on the lead it should go to ground to complete the circuit.
If thats ok go to the garage when it's dark no light on and turn the engine over and look under the tank and all over at the top end for loose sparks. You maybe shorting out on the HT side.
I know this sounds strange but i have found quite a few vehicle that had sparks go it ground. Needs to be real black thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts