Honda Twins banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas,
got a question about exhaust pipes. I recently bought a 1979 honda cm185t twinstar. the exhaust pipes are shot. I have searched all over and cannot find oem replacements. my question is, does anybody know where i can find them or get something else (aftermarket) that would work? Thanks to all, dave

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Welcome aboard, Dave!

Great little bikes, the Twinstars. I have a soft spot (in the head?) for 'em. :mrgreen: I put 10k miles on a '78 one year commuting 60 miles per day at 60 mph and 65 mpg.

For aftermarket slip-on type mufflers, I'd be inclined to go with something from JCWhitney. They carry lots of different styles and sizes and all very reasonably priced. I'm fairly sure you'll find something that fits your bill.

Post up some pictures of your bike, if you can, and again, Welcome Aboard.

Kirk

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yes, pictures please.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jim! Genius!

This looks really close to the CM185T right down to the detents on the blind side.

Thanks for pointing me here, will reach out to them.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The CD version was never delivered to the US and it's a single carb engine but seems to share the same parts as the CM variant

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Jim.

My Twinstar is a single carb, too —*as you probably know — so I'm looking forward to seeing how this is compatible.

@dtsmjr8dan ... you asked for pictures, not sure if you were talking to me, but here's the hole on the original exhaust.

This is the left side, right near the footpeg.

IMG_6447.jpg

Super frustrating because the rest of the exhaust is in amazing condition.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I was hoping to see the entire bike, Dave.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Good looking bike, Dave.

Reactions: str3ss

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks, Dave.

It's been a blast. Super luck to have such a pristine example of this little Twin.

The only problem now is: I want them all.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I have a cm185 that is leaking on the right pipe muffler seam (by kickstarter). Did the CD linked pipes fit?
Last post by str3ss was 1-29-17. The pipes listed probably worked, contact DSS and ask. They may know for sure

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey @packingheatcgb

Ive been nursing my exhaust along with some AllMetal... but those days are coming to an end.

I spoke witb the folks at David Silver Spares and they thought it might fit but wouldnt guarentee, so I chickened out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts