Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a loss.

So 2 weeks my front blinkers just weren't working/have the weakest signal. So I replaced both bulbs and stilll nothing. I took the head light casing off and then one the nuts on the right side that was holding in a ground fell off so I just tightened it back on thinking it would fix the issue. It did not. Figuring the ground was bad, I rigged up a new ground with a ring and placed it behind the nut and I don't think that was the issue at all. What's happening at this point is that when I have no bulbs in the front both of the back just stay on in each direction. When I plug a bulb in the relay will start blinking and the turn signal light on the bike goes but none of the lights work. I've checked all the connections and they're right, I even cleaned all the grounds but I don't know if I'm missing something. All blinkers were working 2 weeks ago and now I don't know what to do.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I'd start at the fuse, roll up some sand paper and clean/polish those connections as well as the fuse ends. Next using the same rolled up paper polish the inside of ead bulb socket and spray electrical cleaner inside to remove as much corrosion as possible. Coat the inside with dielectric grease, auto parts stores carry it finally. You might go ahead and replace all the bulbs at the same time. Replace the flasher, a standard automotive one is fine. If you're considering a change in the future to LED then get an electronic flasher for LED, it'll work on incandescent bulbs. Those might have a 3rd wire which is ground so add a ground wire if needed.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
The ring terminal on the headlight bolt isn't a ground source, it's there to connect the headlight to the ground wire in the main harness. The darker green wire in the main harness is the ground connection, all the light bulb grounds need to go there. The light green wire is 12 volts from the flasher it plugs only into the light green wire in the handlebar harness.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Had the signals on a ca160 give me fits till I found one of the new bulbs didnt fit tight in the holder. Go with the advice from Mike and LDR and make sure all the bulbs are tight in the sockets.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts