Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I had a look and only found one reference to this from 8 years back with no apparent followup or resolution. My CJ250T that I'm about to start on has 762A Aoky carbs, I cannot seem to find rebuild kits for this carb. Anyone any ideas?

·
Premium Member
10,202 Posts
Here's what you need:

PACKING SET
product number: 16010369004

Found here:

Aftermarket carb kits are not recommended. If you need hard parts (which you usually do not) buy only authentic Honda parts or parts from the carb manufacturer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's what you need:

PACKING SET
product number: 16010369004

Found here:

Aftermarket carb kits are not recommended. If you need hard parts (which you usually do not) buy only authentic Honda parts or parts from the carb manufacturer.
Thanks for the info, wow they are expensive compared to every other carb kit I have bought. Nearly 40 euro with postage for four o rings :oops: that's excessive. I want to change the jets as I am not staying stock with the exhaust and intake so that will be fun. Looks like a new set of carbs with more support may be the better option?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
The problem today is that the jet sizes that come in kits can't be trusted as accurate sizes by the number stamped on them

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Apparently some stuff is still available from Honda, but I can't tell you what is and isn't. Best bet is to make a list of part numbers and go to or call the local dealer and ask them to check the numbers for availability. Most they can say is they're no longer available or, worst case, be a PITA and tell you they don't bother with the old bikes as some have told me. "Powersports" dealers, as they apparently like to be called these days, can be arrogant and very dismissive of vintage Hondas

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I don't think it matters much, we didn't get the '79 model here in the US but it's still a CJ250T, which is a version of the 250/360 series Honda made for other countries. It's fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts