Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys recently picked this up and am working the niggles out. Works much better after I've got a second hand set of carbs and mixed and match the best parts form both with new rubber bits.

PO put cb250 pipes on it I think, there is NO H pipe like there should be. Runs nicely however it is a bit loud :D

[attachment=0:darslib4]IMG_1479.JPG[/attachment:darslib4]

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks :) It isn't too bad at all. I'd like to find an oem back rack with the back rest if I can to make life a bit nicer for my wife, plus more chrome is OK with me.

Next on the list is a new front brake fluid resevoir and whatever I can find to upgrade the front brake. It is adequate with me on it but if I could figure out a dual disc conversion with oem parts on the cheap I'd be happier. (I'll search the forum).

I like the bike, nice and upright, easy on the lower back and dirt simple.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Hey, nice-looking bike. Those look like the stock pipes from a mid-70s CB360.

Enjoy it, and welcome aboard the forums.

Kirk

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Nice bike, and welcome to the group.

Those do look like the original mufflers, I wouldn't expect them to be particularly loud unless someone took the guts out. Not an uncommon thing to do back in the day.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stamped on them it says "HMC360/250T" whatever that means :) they work and aren't too pitted or anything.

Thanks again tjjkc!

Drove around the county today and put on about 200km's with my brother (ninja 250) and friend (vstrom 650). When we stopped for an ice cream cone mine was the only one that had some older folks stop and look at it, so I must be doing something right :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
slave2school said:
Thanks :) It isn't too bad at all. I'd like to find an oem back rack with the back rest if I can to make life a bit nicer for my wife, plus more chrome is OK with me.

Next on the list is a new front brake fluid resevoir and whatever I can find to upgrade the front brake. It is adequate with me on it but if I could figure out a dual disc conversion with oem parts on the cheap I'd be happier. (I'll search the forum).

I like the bike, nice and upright, easy on the lower back and dirt simple.
Hello,
I own a 1980 Honda Hawk, which seems to have the same brakes as your motorcycle. In case you are interested, I just fitted a 197....? Honda 650 (four) brake pump for the front disc, and it seems to have improved a bit. The reservoir is all metal, so I guess it should provide a higher fluid pressure... I also found out that the european version of this bike (called the cb400 N) has dual front brakes, which sould be easy to fit, in case you can get some... Same for the brazilian version, which also has a rear disc brake. Of course, you could end paying more for the brakes than what the bike is worth L:O:L.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts