Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to relive my youth and bought a 79 and a 78 hawk to build one good one.The 79 was my first bike and just wanted to ask are they reliable? 79 motor has 44000 kms and the 78 has 15000 kms,both run.Anything i should do to either one or anything i should look at? Also anyone have close up pics of a sidecar on a 400?to see how it is mounted.Thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
First, welcome to the 400 series. I have a 79 myself I got a year ago and restored it. It is giving me grief at the moment, but I think they are pretty reliable with proper proactive maintenance. They are almost 40 years old! Get a manual, lot of free PDF online. Than check the posts on "Ignition Diagnosis for CB/CM 400/450 and CB450SC manual trans 1978-1986" and "Rebuilding CV Carbs". Check compression as well. That will be a very good start to help the bike running smoothly and understand it better, Helped me a lot.

·
Premium Member
23,895 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.