Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Looking for a bit of help/guidance, bought a Honda CB200 about a year ago and have been steadily working on it. To date have changed the points, condenser, sorted the electric start, delisted the tank and cleaned and the carbs (setup up to 1 and 1/4 ), replaced the clutch plates. The bike has standard airfilters fitted but has after market exhausts.

The bike now starts and will idle and I can go round the block 2 miles and if I don't continue revving it it will stall. In addition after doing this a number of times (20 miles) it will foul the plugs. The plugs are D7EA's which I think is a hotter plug than standard. Picture attached.

Compression Tested both cylinders and both come back with 130 PSI which although not great I thought it would run on.

When on the bike and riding it is pulling through all gears and had it up to circa 45 MPH.

Getting a bit stuck on what to look next so any ideas or guidance would be great.

Stewart

1626520321410.jpeg
1626520321410.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Getting a bit stuck on what to look next so any ideas or guidance would be great.
Come on over to Vintage Honda Twins, the site where the experts who used to hang out here have now migrated to.

Also, some of us UK bods are there as well.

You'll have to google the site, the censors on here don't allow the url to be posted.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sounds like you know what you are doing, but it is obvious that you are running too rich. The factory jets may not be in there, so maybe buy new jets and set to factory?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts