Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have some hondamatic 400A parts from a parts bike. They are probably destined for the scrap yard unless someone here has any use for them, because I just have no room.

Among the potentially useful parts:

Frame: some rust, but solid; no modifications.
Swing arm: Same as above.
Gas tank: Again, some rust (including inside), but solid, with original paint.
Rear fender and grab bar: Again, some rust, but looks useable.
Engine: Does not turn over... not sure what it needs. I opened up the top cover and it looked pretty clean. It had 17k miles on the clock per the odo.
Header pipes: pretty rusty. Possibly usable with some tlc.
Driver gauges: Not sure if they work.
Handlebars and triple tree: Probably usable; forks will need some attention before they can be used I'm sure.

I have a few other parts, like the carbs, parking brake & turn signal assy, front brake lever, master cylinder, brake hose & kill switch, comstars, and front and rear axle. These I plan to hold onto, but everything has a price. If it's not listed here, I probably don't have it. This bike was already cannibalized by the PO for another, working 400A. I just finished the job of stripping it down and separating out the useless junk.

Definitely NOT here: coil, CDI, most of the electrical components are junk, both mufflers are completely roached, no headlight case, tail light, air filter.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll get you pictures and/or post them here.

I have no specific prices on any of this. Just make me a fair offer.

Located just a little north of Pittsburgh, PA (northern Allegheny County).

First picture is prior to disassembly

400a4.jpg
cbcarbs.jpg
cbcomstars.jpg
cbengine.jpg
cbframe.jpg
cbheaders.jpg
cbjunk.jpg
cbmaster.jpg
cbpegs.jpg
cbtank.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I can possibly use some of these parts if they are still available. Let me know, thanks!

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
A shout out and BIG thanks to Ben (knauff13) for offering the parts from this bike. I received a package from him today with a few parts I needed for a ‘78 400T. Yes they were rusty and crusty but they were better than the ones I was missing and he was right on the price (basically shipping). Proof positive that even if you think it’s junk, another guy can still possibly use it. Thanks for doing the right thing by offering it up to the forum Ben, instead of just throwing it away or scrapping it all.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
20190112_113048.jpg
20190112_113150.jpg
View attachment 272834

Pictures from some disassembly of the engine. Cylinders have been claimed. Cam chain appears to have some damage. Sprocket is good but cam has damage where one of the bolts attaches to the sprocket.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does that frame have a title?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you have a stator?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you have any of these parts available, still? I'm looking for the small chrome plate that covers the transition from header pipe to muffler...it's about 8" long and just to the right of the rear brake pedal. InkedHondamatic Parts Bike_LI.jpg

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Sorry, I don't. I only have a few bits and pieces remaining actually... the wheels, gas tank (no cap), grab bar, a few pegs, and the gauges. FWIW, the piece you are looking for was a rusty mess. It's hard to tell in this picture, but the underside of that muffler was completely gone.

I was trying to delete this post a few months ago and couldn't find the option. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I know this is an older post but I am looking for a Stater that fits my 81 CM400C and I believe yours should fit it you have it. Do you still have it by chance and do you have any idea if it is operational?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry, I don't have it. I'm not sure if they are compatible or not, but just now I saw an older post indicating that you won't be able to use an A-model stator, so you may want to look into that. Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts