Honda Twins banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pumped she fired up! not pumped one bowl is overflowing and it shuts off as soon as I turn the throttle. Any suggestions are appreciated. I think the pup wants me to find a sidecar

·
Registered
500 Posts
If the cab is overflowing, that means float adjustment. When running, feel the headers and see if running on both cylinders (looks like you have a 2 into 1 exhaust, but not sure from the angle) could be why it dies.

Also, any mods on the setup, carbs, pods, exhaust, etc?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the cab is overflowing, that means float adjustment. When running, feel the headers and see if running on both cylinders (looks like you have a 2 into 1 exhaust, but not sure from the angle) could be why it dies.

Also, any mods on the setup, carbs, pods, exhaust, etc?
I just opened the Carbs back up looks like only one carb is wet (the one that was leaking) so I must have been running on one cylinder.

I have pods on the bike I plan on covering them to restrict the airflow rather than rejetting. I really only want them for looks not performance. The exhaust is just the headers and I plan on running it that way or something minimal if I am made to put a muffler on.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
That would tell me the connected tube between the carbs is plugged. What else is plugged/gummed up in there. Mine were so bad and after it ran like a charm. Take them out once, it's a pain I know, but do it right once!

If I were you, I would go through those carbs. It's a lot easier than you think. I was scared to do it, but then with the sticky I sent you, it's easy. If you have acces to put them in an ultrasonic cleaner the better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
I slide a piece of fuel line over the stand pipe like you would use on a weed eater,works like a charm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts