Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So says the Craigslisting. I want this one badly, but MrsBlack and my current budget says nope.

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1978-honda-cm185-twinstar2390/6699388235.html

It is a repost of this one: https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1978-honda-185-twinstar/6692624417.html

I emailed the fellow for some history and here's his response:
I would rate it a 9-9.5 out of 10 on cleanliness. I purchased it I believe in January from a gentleman north of Muncie. He had it for years and barely rode it. I purchased it to teach my girlfriend how to ride but she isn’t interested. I ride once every week or 2 to work. I have a clean title and it starts right up. This is the cleanest example of a Twinstar that I’ve seen. NADA values it at over $1,900 in “excellent” condition. I would consider it “very good” to “excellent”. I am firm at $1,500.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Nice bike, did you try begging? If that doesn't do, I find diamonds will put her in the mood. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Anybody that quotes "book value" in their ad isn't interested in selling, only in making money.

Count how many times he reposts it without lowering the asking price, save his contact info but don't contact him until the 3rd or 4th posting or whenever it starts getting too cold to ride, then show up with the print-outs of his ads and half the original asking price, then accidentally drop the printouts in his presence for effect. Have a friend call the guy and set up a viewing 1/2 hour before yours and offer $500, that way your $750 sounds good. If your friend snags it for 500 have him use your name... then buy lunch.

I've also heard of people bringing a 30-pack of cold Budweiser to sweeten a lowball offer, sometimes that appeals to the seller in ways money cannot.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Anybody that quotes "book value" in their ad isn't interested in selling, only in making money.
I agree completely

Count how many times he reposts it without lowering the asking price, save his contact info but don't contact him until the 3rd or 4th posting or whenever it starts getting too cold to ride, then show up with the print-outs of his ads and half the original asking price, then accidentally drop the printouts in his presence for effect. Have a friend call the guy and set up a viewing 1/2 hour before yours and offer $500, that way your $750 sounds good. If your friend snags it for 500 have him use your name... then buy lunch.

I've also heard of people bringing a 30-pack of cold Budweiser to sweeten a lowball offer, sometimes that appeals to the seller in ways money cannot.
While the beer might be enough, I find that plan of yours before the beer option to be very well thought out. And it would probably work on this guy, especially when the weather gets cold. Nice job, Alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts