Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of years ago I bought a non running 400A. Found the stater was bad. Replaced the stater and the motor started but I thought it was going to fly apart it made so much noise. I tore it down and with the help of Jim and Dan I got it back up and running great. Put 12 miles on it . I was having some pain in my legs and ended up in the ICU with blood clots ,any way when I got out the doc said to stay off any thing that had two wheels. Life is what it is and goes on. I stored the bike hoping things would get better but they didnt.

I saw a thread on here about what kind of bike a man should buy and thought I may as well sell mine so someone could enjoy it.

On the rebuild I replaced the rod and main bearings , balance rubber, chain and slippers, honed the cylinders, new rings,hand lapped the valves, new timing chain and adjuster,
valve springs and valve adjusters. New gaskets spark plugs caps and wires.

Rebuilt the carbs, master cylinder, new front brake pads, the back brakes are good. Cleaned and lubed the main drive chain. Both drive sprockets are good. Tires have good tread but are not like new.

Pulled the bike out of storage a couple days ago pulled the valve cover to be sure the top end was well oiled and gave it a drink of 93 octane gas and some fresh spark. The motor started up and sputtered a little bit then smoothed out.

As I said I dont ride any more but the bike ran fine on the stand, everything works as it should and after warming up the head temp was within 3 degrees of each other so the motor is balanced out pretty well.
The stater is from custom rewind the change switch is from a 1979 CM 400a wired to fit the CB harness and the mufflers are from a 1981 400T

The bike is a ten footer so if your looking for a nice running A that needs nothing and dont mind a chip,ding or two give this one a look.

Asking $1500.00. Clear Ohio title.

Will try to post a photo but I dont know how.

Changed my horn to the sound of gun shots. People get out of my way a lot faster now.

Not riding still wrenching.

Bill View attachment 242209

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Sorry to hear the medical issues are controlling your life now. This should be a good bike for someone out there, if it was a lot closer I'd think hard about getting it.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim. No complaints you play the hand your dealt . Thats a problem with the twin site its sometimes to far to travel for those who might be interested but thought I would post it here before e-bay or other places.

Bill

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Sorry to hear of your medical issue, Bill. That will definitely be a good bike for someone.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,Dan. Yea spend a little time feeling sorry for yourself then shake it off and move on. Been wanting to spend more time with my welder and torch so looking for projects. My parts yard buddy has a list of things so will stay busy. ive been working off and on on a CA160 for 2 and 1/2 years and the owner now has the money to finish it. Im glad to get out of the shop. Im glad I could help the guy out but am just tired of looking at it. Onward.

Bill

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Bill I think i was the one looking for a bike and you commented on my thread. Anyways, my dad just got diagnosed a month ago with a 2 foot bloodclot running down his leg. He'll be on blood thinners for at last 6 months, but now he can walk around really well, and is not sore. He walked 2 miles the other day and his leg swoled up though. He just need to gradually take it easy and he'll be back to normal. So just take it slow, for now. Youll be doing fine before long.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi murman 1983. I want to wish your dad all the luck in the world. Ive been on thinners for 18 months, had two stints put in and still have clots behind my knees and in my thighs.
Will be on thinners for the rest of my life for the clots damaged the vessels. No complaints. Yesterday is gone, only looking forward.

Thanks for the comments fellows.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts