Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from upstate NY! I've been surfing the forums here admiring the larger twins but my bike is a little one cylinder 1978 Honda CB125S. I bought it last year from an older gentleman who runs a small bike shop. Just under 9000 miles on the odometer and she runs pretty well, cruises at 50 mph but not much more. The hilly terrain is not comfortable for the bike on brisker roads, but its a lot of fun traveling between the towns that dot NY landscape.

No real modifications, it was disassembled this winter to the bare frame to put on a fresh coat of paint and polish some of the aluminum. I've only recently become interested in motorcycles and this is my first.

DSCN3768.JPG
DSCN3773.JPG
DSCN3777.JPG
DSCN3795.JPG

I've read up on this model and there doesn't seem to be much performance wise to give it any more oomph (the stock horsepower is impressive for this size in the first place), but if you have any recommendations my ears are open. I'd love to hear some of your folks experiences on these bikes... Sounds like this model has had a place in many of our motoring experiences.

Thanks,

J

Attachments

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice little bike. Have fun with it. Unless you cruise the highway for thousands of miles a year, the small bikes are more practical and fun in my option. I went from the 140hp Yamaha Vmax to the 16hp CB200 and have never looked back. The 3 bikes I ride the most have factory ratings of 34hp, 16hp, and 10hp and I'm around 250lb all geared up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Pj Elia, speaking of which, how does your 200T fair at highway speeds (55-60 mph)? I think I'd like to look for a 200T of the same era as yours, but if it isn't comfortable a few clicks above what the 125 can do then I might just search for a 350/360.

You're right on the fun factor, and my next bike will be more highway oriented.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts