Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Hawk missing its front brake hose, anyone have a measurement on how long it needs to be so I can order an aftermarket part? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine seems to be 35-36” give or take a small margin (since it’s on the bike and inconvenient to put a tape measure on I followed it with a piece of string and measured that). Maybe not the most precise but more than sufficient. No idea if mine is original but judging by appearance it’s possible.

Mine needs to be replaced too so let me know what you find.

Cheers

·
Registered
805 Posts
I got a universal DOT approved (street legal) brake line from fortnine (canadian motorcycle retailer). Brake parts are one of the places on a motorcycle you should definitely spend the big bucks on. If you have a highly rated independent motorcycle shop nearby they should be able to help you out with the brake line and fittings too.

One other thing, if your bike is a barn find it will have old tires, those also need replacing for safety reasons.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got a universal DOT approved (street legal) brake line from fortnine (canadian motorcycle retailer). Brake parts are one of the places on a motorcycle you should definitely spend the big bucks on. If you have a highly rated independent motorcycle shop nearby they should be able to help you out with the brake line and fittings too.

One other thing, if your bike is a barn find it will have old tires, those also need replacing for safety reasons.
Spongy brakes and 42 yr old brake line sends me looking for a replacement front brake line and banjo fittings for this CB400T 1978. I've measured 37.75 " from banjo centre to centre. I see some complete kit options from HEL (rather not pay the shipping to Canada on those if I can avoid it) or Fortnine (Canadian supplier) has universal SS lines and separate banjo fittings. They have 38" universal line (threaded ends) but I'm wondering if the 2 banjo fittings on each end will extend the length too much? Thoughts anybody?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would say it’s better to be a tad long than too short. Just be sure it will not kink. I’m looking into a universal set up myself. If I don’t find anything I like I would like to use stainless hard lined with a loop at the lever and caliper for flex and character.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts