Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

I took a ride in the dark the other night on my Hawk II and quickly realized just how much better a modern lighting system is compared to a 42 year old sealed beam. I was thinking about ways to improve it, I would like to find a way to fit an LED lamp, I was thinking I would use a kit to convert to a reflector that takes H4 bulbs and then use an LED replacement bulb in that, with the intended result hopefully being more light than a dull candle.
I did some research and discovered that this is a rather unique 6 3/8 sealed beam, and that there WAS a good conversion from Candlepower but it apparently is no longer available. I have not been able to find another solution..suggestions?

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The simplest fix is to get the headlight lens unit for a 2001-07 CB250 Nighthawk since it has an H4 bulb and uses the same headlight case. That way everything looks 100% stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any updates on how your LED headlight turned out? Planning on upgrading mine to LED as well. Haven't been able to find a used 2001-2007 Nighthawk 250 reflector lens yet and all the ones on the shelf are $75+ ...an expensive place to start before even getting a bulb.

Does the Nighthawk reflector leave more room for the LED heatsink as well as creating a better light spread for LED bulbs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts