Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a new Headlight that has the signals along the side of the main headlight.

The headlight works perfectly as I only had to unplug the old one and plug in the new one - However the new turn signals do not flash and only stay lit when I plug them into the old wires in any different variation/combo since theyre not all color coded.

Here are the old plugs that still work perfectly with the stock signals

cHdknPi.jpg

This is the new headlight wires

9AVZREF.jpg

Any help is much appreciated
Thank you

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Touch the turn signal wires to the battery posts so you can find out what's what. I'm gonna guess the black wire goes to ground and the other two are running light and signal light. If that doesn't work try some other combination.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Touch the turn signal wires to the battery posts so you can find out what's what. I'm gonna guess the black wire goes to ground and the other two are running light and signal light. If that doesn't work try some other combination.
From what i've seen with these so far by messing around, the black is ground, yellow is the signal wire and red is running, the turn signal will come on when i trigger it but it will just stay lit instead of flashing. The wire is connected to the relay because the previous signal would flash - but this one wont... I'm not sure if maybe i just bought some chinese ebay trash or if i'm screwing something up..

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Are the new lights LED? If so, they won't draw enough current to operate the stock flasher. Replacing the old flasher unit with a solid state unit will likely solve the problem. You can take your old flasher to an auto parts store, they'll be able to provide the replacement.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Are the new lights LED? If so, they won't draw enough current to operate the stock flasher. Replacing the old flasher unit with a solid state unit will likely solve the problem. You can take your old flasher to an auto parts store, they'll be able to provide the replacement.
Yes they are LED, that makes more sense now...

Would this be sufficient?

https://www.amazon.com/Sdootauto-Motorcycle-Adjustable-Flasher-Indicator/dp/B07FDW1YT7/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1534056560&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=2%2BPin%2BSpeed%2BAdjustable%2BLED%2BFlasher%2BRelay%2BMotorcycle%2BTurn%2BSignal%2BIndicator%2B6%23&th=1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts