Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
As you've figured out the part is NLA from Honda. You can use the later A model switch by changing one of the plastic plug connectors to bullets like your's is.
You can't use the switch from the manual transmission models

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I used one from a cm 400a. You might check with CMS I think I saw one on their site awhile ago. If you find one from a cm you will have to change the Wiring harness, the wire colors are the same the connectors are different. I just cut the wires from the cb and spliced them to the cm.

Bill

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Just checked and cant find one any more. How I found mine I checked sellers on e-bay that were selling 400a cases and asked them if they had the change switch the came off the case they were selling. Most sellers dont know what it is and you have to tell them what you are looking for. Its a pain in the butt, but after about a dozen or so I found one. Good luck.

Bill

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Be sure to keep the washer from your switch or if you find one that has the washer with it. Not only is it a sealing washer it sets the clearance for the switch and the shift cam. Its .030.anything larger will tell the CDI the bike is in gear and wont allow it to start. Smaller or missing it will jam the shift switch plunger and not allow it to work.

Just a thought.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.