Honda Twins banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up returning the CDI from the 1980 CB, and ended up contacting Ignitech in the Czech Republic. After a brief discussion with one of their techs, I was able to arrange for them to send a programmable ICM, with the '78 CB400A program pre-installed. After about a week from initial contact, I received the new unit and this thing was absolutely well-produced. Extremely well-designed and using quality electrical components. After about 2.5 hours, soldering a few spare wires, rigging this thing up in the place of the original CDI; and boom! my '78 is back on the road again, running better than before honestly!

Only snag is I have a minor oil leak coming from behind the sprocket, but I'll have that fixed by tomorrow most likely (when the new seals come in)! All-in-all if you guys need to replace your CDI these guys are the way to go, trust me! Repairs only cost about $250.00 total (I also replaced the change relay).

Electronic for motorbikes - IgniTech P?elou? - all you gotta do is send them an email and they're super helpful, thanks again to the previous posters who dropped Ignitech's info back in 2011!
Just for clarification. The Ignitech module they sent you functioned with the 400a stator just fine? Did it have the two timing channels like the original cdi. Any more info would be much appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts