Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
pick this abandoned CB360 project from Craigslist for cheap.
all electricals are missing, it started but unfinished.. looking for a little help and suggestions
on how to get electrical system running. i was thinking about getting into the Motogadgets M-Unit.

Any inputs or any suggestions?

·
Registered
105 Posts
M unit is a great choice, if you dont want to spend the time to do it yourself Sparck Moto builds amazing custom harnesses and is fantastic and will help you figure everything out, I couldn't say enough good things about them. He is also a member on here

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same situation. I found an alternative that got my CB completed and on the road. NUUT Morty system. This unit came with plug in handlebar switch which made it super easy. I was missing alot of stuff and didn't know if all the stuff I was looking at on fleebay was going to work with each other and more importantly, I didn't know how to make it work together. I contacted NUUT tech and they clearly explain and help me with all that I needed to get my CB done. Nice people and top notch service. 3 nights and the old girl is running and I'm having fun riding. I love all new features that my bike has now. My old CB has more useful features than my new BMW.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
" #2 13 h ago
M unit is a great choice, if you dont want to spend the time to do it yourself Sparck Moto builds amazing custom harnesses and is fantastic and will help you figure everything out, I couldn't say enough good things about them. He is also a member on here"

I will definitely check this out! Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to Sparck Moto and checked their wiring harness, unfortunately I don't see how this is going to work for me as I don't have any of the other ends as all of the wires were cut out on this bike.
also I don't even know if all the electronic parts belongs onto this bike.
I will be checking out this NUUT thing that ND-CB has mentioned.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would recommend a custom harness from sparck moto, he knows just about everything there is on 360.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same situation. I found an alternative that got my CB completed and on the road. NUUT Morty system. This unit came with plug in handlebar switch which made it super easy. I was missing alot of stuff and didn't know if all the stuff I was looking at on fleebay was going to work with each other and more importantly, I didn't know how to make it work together. I contacted NUUT tech and they clearly explain and help me with all that I needed to get my CB done. Nice people and top notch service. 3 nights and the old girl is running and I'm having fun riding. I love all new features that my bike has now. My old CB has more useful features than my new BMW.
I had a wonderful conversation with the tech from NUUT, he asked me a million of questions and I tried my best to answer him. What was not clear to me, he made it very clear.
I feel very confident now about wat I need and understand what I need to do. I ordered everything from NUUT for my CB.
Yo! @ND-CB did you use a fuse box?
because the NUUT tech guy said that I only need one fuse for my ignition key. Apparently the Morty system has all onboard auto-reset fuses.
also, did you have any problems installing your Morty system?????

·
Registered
11 Posts
I only have 1 fuse for my whole bike and it's the fuse on my starter solenoid. It's an aftermarket solenoid from a modern bike which the NUUT tech recommended. My bike was missing that when I got it. The only problem I had was when I was done, my tail light was not working. Couldn't figure it out so I ask them and their tech suggested that I had a short on the wires or the tail light itself. He was dead on right. I pinched the tail light wire with the fender bolt. Everything was working and the fuse didn't blow so I couldn't figure it out. Turns out that the Morty system had individual channel protection. Once I fixed the short, everything work perfectly. It's so nice not having to deal with blown fuses and nothing fried. Wait till you see the auto dimming headlight thing. I've got these tiny a$$ led signal lights and with the headlight on, you can barely see them. When I signal, my headlight auto dim so you can see the signal lights. It's a sweet system man.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only have 1 fuse for my whole bike and it's the fuse on my starter solenoid. It's an aftermarket solenoid from a modern bike which the NUUT tech recommended. My bike was missing that when I got it. The only problem I had was when I was done, my tail light was not working. Couldn't figure it out so I ask them and their tech suggested that I had a short on the wires or the tail light itself. He was dead on right. I pinched the tail light wire with the fender bolt. Everything was working and the fuse didn't blow so I couldn't figure it out. Turns out that the Morty system had individual channel protection. Once I fixed the short, everything work perfectly. It's so nice not having to deal with blown fuses and nothing fried. Wait till you see the auto dimming headlight thing. I've got these tiny a$$ led signal lights and with the headlight on, you can barely see them. When I signal, my headlight auto dim so you can see the signal lights. It's a sweet system man.

Sweet! I am so stoked! I bought the sequential LED turn signal light from them along with the LED headlight bulb, LED dash lights, and LED tail light bulb.
I also got a lithium battery from them. They were so much cheaper than online. Since I bought all these stuffs they gave me a package deal and I saved a bundle.
Hey! is it true that you don't need load resistors for the LED because their stuff is all digital???? Also. since I bought the LED headlight bulb, will the auto dimming headlight work with that???
I did'nt know that LED headlight bulbs could be dimmed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I didn't have to install any load resistors and all my led signals are working perfect. I also like the different patterns I can select for the signal too. I have an led headlight bulb and it auto dim perfectly too. I also got the led bulbs for my tail light from them and it's fits so nice and works perfect. Did you know about the auto hold brake light feature? I use that all the time in traffic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't have to install any load resistors and all my led signals are working perfect. I also like the different patterns I can select for the signal too. I have an led headlight bulb and it auto dim perfectly too. I also got the led bulbs for my tail light from them and it's fits so nice and works perfect. Did you know about the auto hold brake light feature? I use that all the time in traffic.

They kind of told me about the different turn signal light patterns and the break light thingy. What's the break light thingy about??

·
Registered
11 Posts
You get 6 different kind of signal light patterns with the system. You can select it from your handlebar controls. Put your signal lights on left turn and push the horn button 4 times to scroll thru the different patterns. The brake auto hold is when you are at a super long light and you don't want to hold the brakes. You just click the brake lever or foot brake 3 times and the system will keep your brake lights on until you hit the brakes again and it turns off. When you hit the brakes, your brake light will flash 4 time and than it goes solid so the f*ck-t#rds in the car busy texting will see you're braking. I swear that feature save my a$$ a few time in town. You also get hazard lights too. Put your signal to right and push your horn 3 times and you get hazard lights. I use that when I need a smoke break on the side of the hwy. Po-Po likes that. I used to get in sh*t for stopping for the smoke break and no hazard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You get 6 different kind of signal light patterns with the system. You can select it from your handlebar controls. Put your signal lights on left turn and push the horn button 4 times to scroll thru the different patterns. The brake auto hold is when you are at a super long light and you don't want to hold the brakes. You just click the brake lever or foot brake 3 times and the system will keep your brake lights on until you hit the brakes again and it turns off. When you hit the brakes, your brake light will flash 4 time and than it goes solid so the f*ck-t#rds in the car busy texting will see you're braking. I swear that feature save my a$$ a few time in town. You also get hazard lights too. Put your signal to right and push your horn 3 times and you get hazard lights. I use that when I need a smoke break on the side of the hwy. Po-Po likes that. I used to get in sh*t for stopping for the smoke break and no hazard.
oooooohhhh, the hazard light will be handy when I'm splitting lanes here in So-Cal. and the break light auto-hold, that's going to be really handy! Cuz, there are some long A$$ lights where I live. I always get some soccer mom not paying attention cuz b!tch is too busy changing DVD's. They also told me something about the pass light future, what's that about??

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you tap the pass light switch or just rock your headlight dimmer switch to hi and lo, the headlight auto pulse a few time by itself instead of having to rock your hi and lo repeatedly. I just find the Morty gives me so much features. My old girl has all these new tricks. I thought about just buying a wiring harness and just do it old school way but, there's no way I was gonna get all these features. I'm so glad I gave it a chance. I'm never going back! Now, let's cut up the bimmer. I'm biting my tongue so hard as I want to cut this bimmer up. My old lady would kill my a$$. I guess, I could just get a new one. The old lady I mean. HAHA.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you tap the pass light switch or just rock your headlight dimmer switch to hi and lo, the headlight auto pulse a few time by itself instead of having to rock your hi and lo repeatedly. I just find the Morty gives me so much features. My old girl has all these new tricks. I thought about just buying a wiring harness and just do it old school way but, there's no way I was gonna get all these features. I'm so glad I gave it a chance. I'm never going back! Now, let's cut up the bimmer. I'm biting my tongue so hard as I want to cut this bimmer up. My old lady would kill my a$$. I guess, I could just get a new one. The old lady I mean. HAHA.
I hope she is not on this forum! Because you are going to be in real BIG POO-POO!
I'm lucky that my señorita likes that I am playing with motorcycles instead of chasing tales and getting drunk.
Yo @ND-CB let's yap some more tomorrow if you're free. My shift is about to end and I'm going to get my a$$ home. Later brother!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ya I see. I really don't know how a wiring harness would help. Mine when I got it was somewhat like that, not all the wires but, some. This is why I just went with a NUUT system. Their stuff just makes doing a new wiring so much easier. Plus I found that you need way less wires than the harness stuff.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts