Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to this forum but am hoping someone could help me. Last November, I sold my piece of junk car and bought the CB200. I had never really ridden anything other than dirt bikes but I was all about it. I chose the cb200 because it is so open and easy to work on/get to know and understand the ends and outs of a motorcycle.

The bike is in great condition and has been running fantastic since I bought it. Unfortunately last week the clutch cable snapped at the clutch lever. I know that the actual process of replacing the cable is relatively simple but I am having an impossible time finding a replacement cable. I ordered what i thought was advertised as a clutch cable and it turned out to be a throttle cable.

I have called the manufacture and know that the OEM number is 22870-334-020 but that the part is no longer available from the manufacture. I have scoured the internet and it seems like an impossible task to find an OEM clutch cable for this bike. I have found several universal cables or cables with OEM numbers slightly off from what the manufacture had told me I needed.

So my question is: Does anyone know where I can find a clutch cable fit for this exact bike? I don't care if the color is grey or black, I just want the right cable so that I can get back on the road!!!

I am a fresh out of college 22 year old kid who has fallen in love with motorcycles (especially classic older bikes) but actually knows very little about motorcycles. I have taught myself so much already but any advice, suggestions, or insight from those of you with much more experience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This might be a dumb question but please keep in mind I am very new to the classic motorcycle scene. What is the difference between a CB200 and CB200T. I know the "T" indicates twin cylinder but have found clutch cables for "CB200". The link below is a clutch cable advertised for a CB200 the OEM number is slightly off from what I was told I need to find so I am a little confused. Is there a difference or will this cable fit my bike?

Honda CB200 CL200 Cable Clutch JP | eBay

Thanks again in advance for anyone who can help me out,

Scott

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
That looks correct. I am not sure of the specific differencss between the 200 & 200t marks. I think the t came with the 75 and newer bikes. Are, you familiar with the clutch adjustment procedure? It is simple.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, I went ahead and purchased the cable so we will find out here soon if it is the right cable!

Love your thread by the way,

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
69 Posts
How did the cable work out? I am in the market for a cb200t clutch cable as well. Can anyone point me to compatible cables? I don't really need a OEM an aftermarket that is also compatible works great.

-thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts