Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first bike, I bought i few months ago and found out 500T parts are pretty hard to come by. I took apart the carbs and replaced the air cut valve on one side. They don't make anymore for the 500T but a good replacement came from a GL1000. I just cut down the brass pin to match the stock valve. Other than that I put on some superbike bars, K&N Filters, put a return hoop on the back and cut off all the old seat brackets to make way for a lower profile seat, the rear fender came from 7 metal west. Next on the agenda is a lot of riding, then a Copper riveted battery box, 2-1 one exhaust, new firestone champions on black rims, smaller front fender, maybe some smaller gauges. Polish and clean some bits.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got the seat done, 71 triumph 650 drum fitted, New avons. Waiting on shorty mufflers , new gas grip and wheel bearings for the front. got rid of the right hand controls and I am going to try and build a little box to house a turn signal switch. and get rid of the bulky left hand controls. I wired the head light to work off a toggle switch on the headlight bucket too.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I really like the front brake. Very cool looking. Probably works as good or maybe even better than the stock disc. I have a CB450 and a CB500t and I really dont like the design of that front disc brake on them. I may not know what I am doing but I cannot get them set up to where they work real well.
Don

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
dlslick said:
I really like the front brake. Very cool looking. Probably works as good or maybe even better than the stock disc. I have a CB450 and a CB500t and I really dont like the design of that front disc brake on them. I may not know what I am doing but I cannot get them set up to where they work real well.
Don
Go dual disc...

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I put dual disc on one of my XS650 Yamahas once and it is real easy if you can find the parts. This CB500t looks like the same thing can be done. I think all the brackets and holes are there to mount everything.
I would be interested in at least finding out what you would want for the parts.
Thanks, Don

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
I recently owned a Yamaha XJ550 that the PO had upgraded to a dual disk front brake. As you can see from the pictures, he used only the finest parts. :D
[attachment=1:2al4yr5w]100_0027.jpg[/attachment:2al4yr5w]
[attachment=0:2al4yr5w]Brake.jpg[/attachment:2al4yr5w]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts