Honda Twins banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice to see another 76 CB500T project going on, it looks awesome! That front fender is it the original with the front and back trimmed off?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looking awesome!

I just started to rebuild mine but I'm gonna go for the engine first.

Just 1 thing I dont like... HD tyres?

Keep up the good work and the blog updated!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Lookin good :!: Nice red. How do those mufflers sound?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bookmarked your blog. I have a CB500T I'm trying to restore/rebuild/modify and I think I may find some inspiration in your page. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brown Bomber said:
Lookin good :!: Nice red. How do those mufflers sound?
Thanks, it cleaned up pretty well considering. I'll do more cosmetically if I can keep it running. I thought it looked like I could stick a video in here but I got frustrated before I could figure it out.
There's a link to my blog in my signature. I have a short video there where you can hear the pipes (not a whole lot of mufflin' goin' on there.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
5280 CB500T said:
I bookmarked your blog. I have a CB500T I'm trying to restore/rebuild/modify and I think I may find some inspiration in your page. :)
Thanks, you should gain some measure of confidence from the fact that I, who knew NOTHING about a motorcycle a few months ago, was able to tear the thing down and put it back together.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I lol'd at that cat going up to get a sniff of the bike, then the exhaust blowing him in the face, scaring him off.. :lol:

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey guys,
give a listen to the video on this link and see if it sounds OK or not. I'm a little concerned about the sound that's kind of almost a backfire but not quite...
also near the end there is some smoke from the front, like maybe from the prechamber.
something to worry about, solvents???
what do you think?
http://motorcyclediary-laprete.blogspot.com/2010/08/what-now.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts