Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

New member. Have been following this forum for a long time while I finally got a 1975 Honda CB200T running. Many thanks to all for the info I have gotten here. Picked this up non-running a number of years ago, finally put the time in to get it going. Very complete original bike, runs great now. I am now going to address the minor issues that are left.

I have searched forum here and everywhere else I can think of for a solution to the unobtanium RH Starter/Kill Switch. Like most others, mine is in disrepair, bike starts first kick. (starter button missing, crack). Trying to get bike back as close to original as possible.

Does everyone forego finding this? Looking at solutions/parts from other bikes. I know the switch/wiring is different from model/year to year over the run of bike.

All ideas appreciated.

TIA.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the lack of an intro. That has now been rectified. ( https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/2...ember-cottage-grove-wi-1975-honda-cb200t.html )

As for the existing switch, it is missing the Starter Button, and the perch is in rough shape. I will get a picture of this and post it. It is functional. I have been looking at the electrical diagrams and it looks like a previous owner had done some mods to wiring bypass the missing starter button. I am trying to get a handle on exactly how this is supposed to work. The Run/Off part of the switch works fine. The bike starts fine with 1 kick, but I am not giving up on getting the switch if at all possible.

As per usual the LH side is in good shape, works great and that part looks to be somewhat available.

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
On the older bikes, the "horn" button internal components are identical to the "start" button components.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts