Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife’s 1975 cl360s headlight stopped working. Previously the hi/low switch was a bit wonky, sometimes you had to flip it back a bit to get it on.

We bought a new sealed beam and replaced it with no success.
The fuses are good and everything else works. Turn signals, horn, speedo lights etc.

The headlight and running lights (the turn signals when the headlight is on low beam)
Are the only things not working.

Here’s what the switch looks like.

The green ground wire seems like the culprit. It was pretty torn up and crumbled and not connected to anything when I opened the switch up.
Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Confirm there's power to the hi and low at the headlight. If so, run a ground wire. If not... Well, chase the power down I guess

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Confirm there's power to the hi and low at the headlight. If so, run a ground wire. If not... Well, chase the power down I guess
The green wire at the hi low switch fires the headlight when I touch it at the right spot. But I don’t see anywhere to screw it down or solder it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The green wire at the hi low switch fires the headlight when I touch it at the right spot. But I don’t see anywhere to screw it down or solder it.

Seems like the previous owner ran a ground off of horn switch because he put aluminum bars on there that won’t ground. The switch was destroyed anyway so I bought another switch from the same bike and am going to put different steel bars that can ground.
I guess I’ll just have to drill holes in the bars to ground and run the wires through. Unless anyone makes a repro bar with the holes drilled for Honda’s already?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts