Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a closet member for a while. The bike I am working on has 11,000 miles on it. It has been indoors most of it's life. My neighbor bought it off ebay about four years ago. He is a Harley guy. He bought it on a whim. He was told it was great! Not so. He removed the engine and rebuilt it with new std rings, new valves, seals and gaskets. The bike sat outside in his driveway for three years under a cover with the engine in his shed after the rebuild. He never got around to putting the motor back in the frame. I was between projects and asked him about it. He told the story and said he was between projects when he bouhjt it-just for something different. He didn't know it needed rebuilding. I told him if he ever wanted to get rid of it-just let me know, He did a few weeks later. That's how I got it. I've had it for a year and recently decided it's time to poop or get off! I stripped it to the frame and touched up the paint. I took a week and got the wheels to shine a little. The tank and seat are very nice-not perfect. It's a turd after all. That's what they call the lovely brown color, I hear. I made a stand to run the engine on. My neighbor (Mike) had never heard it run. Part of our deal was that I'd let him ride it after I got it running. I got the engine in the frame last weekend. I started to rebuild the front disc brakes and everything is good except that I still have a soft/spongy brake. I'm sorry for the long post, but it is a story. I've only had the carbs off about twenty times. Each time, I learn something new. That's good-right!? I will add some pictures as soon as I figure out how-after all I'm 76 years old!

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Fuel tank

I've been a closet member for a while. The bike I am working on has 11,000 miles on it. It has been indoors most of it's life. My neighbor bought it off ebay about four years ago. He is a Harley guy. He bought it on a whim. He was told it was great! Not so. He removed the engine and rebuilt it with new std rings, new valves, seals and gaskets. The bike sat outside in his driveway for three years under a cover with the engine in his shed after the rebuild. He never got around to putting the motor back in the frame. I was between projects and asked him about it. He told the story and said he was between projects when he bouhjt it-just for something different. He didn't know it needed rebuilding. I told him if he ever wanted to get rid of it-just let me know, He did a few weeks later. That's how I got it. I've had it for a year and recently decided it's time to poop or get off! I stripped it to the frame and touched up the paint. I took a week and got the wheels to shine a little. The tank and seat are very nice-not perfect. It's a turd after all. That's what they call the lovely brown color, I hear. I made a stand to run the engine on. My neighbor (Mike) had never heard it run. Part of our deal was that I'd let him ride it after I got it running. I got the engine in the frame last weekend. I started to rebuild the front disc brakes and everything is good except that I still have a soft/spongy brake. I'm sorry for the long post, but it is a story. I've only had the carbs off about twenty times. Each time, I learn something new. That's good-right!? I will add some pictures as soon as I figure out how-after all I'm 76 years old!
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured out how to attach pictures. First one is when I got it-2 years ago! Man, time flies. This week, I got the engine in the frame after cleaning the wheels and touch up painting the frame. O set the tank and seat on it remind me it's getting done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts