Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, hope someone here can help......... Is there anyone out there who can point an electrical dunce in the right direction please? What I need is either photographs of the wiring connections made at the gray junction box under the tank and in the headlamp bowl OR written instructions of what colour wires go to either of these locations. I know it sounds ridiculous but i cannot make head nor tail of the wiring diagrams I have for this bike? To me, it's just a mass of wires that are SUPPOSED to be connected together but not where the connections actually live??? To lend some perspective, the wiring in-situ at the moment has been completely bodged by PO and none of the colours match any diagram i've ever seen!! So I'm hoping to chop them all out and replace with correct honda wiring colour. I hope I'm making sense here.......Anyone? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
For the most part Honda made it simple, like colors connect to like colors. I'll try to get pictures of mine tonight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jd50i, Honda made it simple (relatively) but the guy who had it before me didn't like Mr Honda colours, so just used whatever was lying around i think!

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Thanks jd50i, Honda made it simple (relatively) but the guy who had it before me didn't like Mr Honda colours, so just used whatever was lying around i think!
Yes, when you said the colors didn't match the diagram I deduced a previous owner fancied himself an electrician. :)

You might want to think about a replacement harness, either used or a new one made. Yours is a beautiful bike, for me it would be worth replacing the harness but I keep bikes and don't sell them.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I'm not sure how much help these will be. It was difficult trying to spread the wires out and take a picture.

Image-1.png.jpg
Image-2.png.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Let me know if you need other pictures or anything else.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Deleted*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts