Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been haunting the forum for a couple of years now and the whole time I've been meaning to actually do a build log, so here goes! Pictures will be forthcoming, it's a slow day at the office ;) I picked up a red 1975 CB360 for $700 two years ago - the PO had let the cam chain tensioners break off in the engine, so I split the cases and fished out the bits and pieces and got everything cleaned up. The cylinder walls were glazed too, so I had them bored over to use GS850 pistons and increase the displacement to 378cc.

Then in September, at the end of the riding season here in Seattle, I took the whole thing down to the frame to refinish and rewire - frame and swingarm were sandblasted and repainted black, and I'm progressively painting and polishing each piece before it goes back on. At this point, front and rear wheels are back on, fork bodies are repainted and fork seals replaced. Upper case has been repainted (the lower is still a little grungy and it doesn't look like Honda painted it originally, so I'm debating being lazy and just scrubbing it well... :mrgreen: ), jugs are painted black, and I'm heading to the welder tomorrow to have a broken cylinder head fin repaired.

Next steps are to get the engine back in the frame and start building it up and getting the harness installed while the head is out - I've got a fresh harness from Sparck Moto (aka Sonreir on the forums here, he does a magnificent job) and R/R to put in, so I'll probably be posting all kinds of dumb questions about that because electrics are far from my strong suit :D (preordered the upgrade stator too, so I'll be thrilled to get that in too!).

Here she is pre-teardown :) rebuild pictures to come.
IMG_1281.jpg

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Nice 360. That is just like the one i bought new from the Navy exchange in NB Subic. I traded it off for a car in 1976. Last time i saw it was in the U District in No Seattle about 1979. I always wonder what happened to it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea what the VIN was on it? I’m not sure of the bike’s entire history, but I picked it up in Edmonds, so it wouldn’t have had to travel too far :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts