Honda Twins banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bringing this over from .com. I am also a member there.

Well here is my twin project. I got 4 bikes a couple of weekends ago. This 7300 mile 75 360T was one of them. someone had taken this bike apart for some reason. I found out what was the reason for the motor removed from the frame. The valve cover was off it...and I turn it upside down and notice one of the rockers is missing. why would someone remover the rocker? I had traded the other night for another 75 360. It was junk...no title and alot of parts missing. so I pop the valve cover of it and put it on the other motor. Make almost a whole revolution and stops. This isnt good. So I take the valve cover back off and turn the motor over and over...no problem. so I pull the head off...and sure enough...valve bent. Ok. Not a problem. changed the head. Compression check says I am good at 120 in both sides.

I am just putting this bike back together to see whats going on with it and see whats missing. I got alot of the parts that was missing when I picked up the other 360.

Things missing so far:
1. Tail Light lens. Of course the one I had on the shelf I knocked off the shelf and it shattered.
2. The little piece on the swingarm that the adjuster bolt butts up against...onlt one.
3. Both side covers. They were in the bottom of a crate busted up bad.
4. Petcock
5. The exhaust pipe. Who knows what happened to them. This is a CB 360T
6. Not missing...but junk...the seat.
7. Clutch cable. MIA..no idea.
8. This is a given...battery.

I will probably get up early in the morning and work on her some more. I know I will find more missing.

I will get some pics soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after a trip to the motorcycle scrap yard, I came home with a tail light, clutch cable and a petcock. This is a good thing. I started to work on it for just a little bit this afternoon. Rain came and shut that right down. Tornadoes came thru and tore alot of things up. Missed my place. So I will go out later and work on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok here is some pics...before during...well not to after yet. Starting out with what it looked like when it got here.

After I got some of the parts back on her.

I got it running. I changed the tail light assembly. I need a throttle return cable, Battery, side covers, CB pipes. This means another trip to the scrap yard again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a few things that have to be done to make this bike complete. When i have everything on the bike and its where i think it should be...then I will take it back apart and start restoring it. To some people this may be a backwards way to do it...but this is the only way I will know its all there.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Not to "rain on your parade", but 120 PSI is very low compression.... The Bike may still run, but it won't be producing much power..... Normal spec on a 360 is 170 PSI....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
66Sprint said:
Not to "rain on your parade", but 120 PSI is very low compression.... The Bike may still run, but it won't be producing much power..... Normal spec on a 360 is 170 PSI....
For the moment the bike is being reassembled to find out what is there and not. Then I will tear it back down to rebuild and restore.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have a tail light for sale in premium condition if you want.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Caminokid said:
For the moment the bike is being reassembled to find out what is there and not. Then I will tear it back down to rebuild and restore.
I got that from your previous post...I like to get my hands dirty, tinker a bit, and see what's actually going on with a project too......My previous was just a reminder to add pistons and rings to your "parts needed" list (well, at least rings.... ;) ), not to question your methods....Sorry if you took any offence.... Keep up the good work!...Steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
66Sprint said:
Caminokid said:
I got that from your previous post...I like to get my hands dirty, tinker a bit, and see what's actually going on with a project too......My previous was just a reminder to add pistons and rings to your "parts needed" list (well, at least rings.... ;) ), not to question your methods....Sorry if you took any offence.... Keep up the good work!...Steve
Ok I got ya. No offense. I am planning on a bore. Maybe bigger cam, jets and so on. Every last nut bolt and screw will be replaced.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Quick threadjack... Nice to see another "local" on here.. My sister lives in Springfield. The rest of the family and I live in Toledo, just south of Mattoon IL.

Back on topic.. ;)

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
Quick threadjack... Nice to see another "local" on here.. My sister lives in Springfield. The rest of the family and I live in Toledo, just south of Mattoon IL.

Back on topic.. ;)

I have been down that way. We should get everyone in the area here and meet up sometime.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'm driving up to Springfield in about a week or less for my annual halloween pumpkin delivery to my sisters kids. I could pop in possibly, but you'd probably be at work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I finally got to hear it run with pipes on it. The pipes i got are not that great...but they work for the moment. Got a set of side covers, battery, headlight switch, and a few other things I cant remember. So tomorrow i might get things lined out where I can at least ride it down the driveway. Pics coming soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
I'm driving up to Springfield in about a week or less for my annual halloween pumpkin delivery to my sisters kids. I could pop in possibly, but you'd probably be at work.

I am a stay at home dad. I am here almost 24-7. I do work out of the garage when i get two minutes. Bikes are in and out of here all the time. so drop by!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts